Wendy's Report on the Chimera 100K

I don't know if anyone remembers but last year in December I did a race called Chimera 100k and it rained so hard that the race was canceled in the middle. I was doing really good, and was so sad we all had to stop. I got 37 miles that day in rain and hail! It was crazy! Well I came back this year! The race was moved to Sept to avoid the rain thing. I was happy to be back to finish my race:) The course was changed some and I planned to run hard this time. I ran HARD, it was great for the first 36 miles!!!! Then I went up Silverado trail at 2pm in the heat and got cramps and dehydrated, at the aid station I was told to sit down and drink, I had to stay awhile. I finally begged them to leave as I was a girl comming up the trail and at the time was in 2nd place!!! Well somehow I pulled it together and stayed ahead of her!!!!

I came in 2nd woman in 16:24 and 6th person overall. I am so excited! I have been working hard at the track to get faster on the flats and downs!! Thanks to Brian and Andrea for helping guide me:)

1 comment:

  1. Nice race!

    I'm the French guy, I was first and literally died in this uphill after Silverado.
    I came back to aid station and was close to resign.

    I had a 1 hour rest there (you must have been one of the runners comming).

    Finally I restarted later, and did it !

    A long night along in the dark, but I was very happy to reach the line!

    Thanks to Steve for this nice race!

    I will use salt tabs next time.

    ReplyDelete